1.0 - Kickstarter Live!
Today is the start of our Kickstarter campaign, together with a new update of Unsung Warriors - Prologue! We are greatly motivated by all the compliments and joyful gameplay videos that we received of our game. The feedback we received also encouraged us to improve the game even further. So in this update we would like to share the future plans and the work done on the prologue to Unsung Warriors!
We want to turn Unsung Warriors into a full length video game, and we need your help for that. To fund the creation of a full length indie game, we have Kickstarter campaign that will run from 15 January up to 18 February 2019. You can help both by backing it and by sharing it with anyone that might be interested in our game! For more info, please view the kickstarter page.
Now that our campaign has started, we can also reveal more info about certain sections of the Prologue. Many of you have been correctly speculating about the purpose of the Cavern of Names. This will indeed be the place where we will honor our backers. If you back our campaign, you can have your name chiseled into the wall by the stone mason... for all to see.
Your name will appear in all publicly released builds to date, even those already downloaded!
A new location has been added to the prologue. If you go west at the start of the game. At the top of the mountain you'll find a shrine dedicated to the prophecy. This place evolves alongside our crowdfunding campaign.
Visit this location to meet new characters, get new items, and discover more info about the prophecy of the Unsung Warriors.
We've also squashed some bugs, tweaked some settings and added some content. Since we think the Prologue is now feature complete and mostly without bugs, we've dubbed it version 1.0. Here's the complete list of changes:
- New area added, the Shrine of the Unsung Warriors! Although not a new level or something, this area will provide you with a bit of a background story about the Unsung Warriors. New events will start happening here based on the progression of our campaign.
- Completely refactored the Camera Follow script. This should fix the bug with the screen going black on defeating the final boss. Other than that behavior should be exactly the same.
- Improved respawn intelligence in co-op mode
- Being under water now draws mana. If player is out of mana, it will draw health. We figured this would be better than leaving players in uncertainty.
- We've disabled the rapid attack shield exploit. We intend to implement some extra functionality here in the full game, like a parry.
- Characters can now also think with a thought balloon. We've implemented this in certain sections of the prologue.
- Fixed bug where pressure plate puzzle at crypt entrance would sometimes not work.
- Fixed the minimal required amount of mana not showing correctly.
- Fixed bow auto aim bug occurring if player fires exactly when the skeleton is rotating directions.
- Minor tweaks to weapon damage.
- Various minor fixes.
We also got some justified feedback that we didn't implement, but rather that we take on board as lessons learned for the full game.
- Boss difficulty. In the full game, bosses will probably be a bit more difficult.
- Swimming. If the kickstarter succeeds, we're going to review the swimming mechanics.
- Combat depth. In the full game we intend to deepen the combat experience by implementing new combat options like combo's, more different weapon types and skills.
- Enemy types. We have various ideas for additional enemies, that require different techniques and strategies to be defeated.
Of course there's many more features we intend to implement in the full game. For that, please view our kickstarter campaign, and share the news with anyone that might be interested!
Cheers, and a big thanks,
Mikel & Ramon
Get Unsung Warriors - Prologue
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.